POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray & Databases : Re: POV-Ray & Databases Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:21:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray & Databases
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 4 Nov 2004 20:32:08
Message: <cjameshuff-66B0E8.20321304112004@news.povray.org>
In article <Xns9597D61F45BD9seed7@news.povray.org>,
 ingo <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

> how usefull would it be to have an embedded database in POV-Ray? What kind
> of things could one do then? Could it be helpfull for particle systems?
> Could it be helpfull for keeping persistent data between rendering frames
> of an animation?

I don't see why it would be any better than simply allowing the user to
keep a data structure for the next frame. What benefit does a database
give you?

No, it wouldn't benefit particle systems. A general database system
would be too slow for that kind of thing.

However, some more versatile data structures (easily modifiable arrays,
lists, sets, and dictionaries) would be very useful. Also things like
point sets and other more specialized structures...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/